Wednesday, October 11, 2017

How To Make a Fantastic Canvas with Brilliant Colors

In celebration of Mexican culture and childhood memories here is a how-to for a fantastic canvas with brilliant colors. During my teen years I lived in Texas. My family made various trips over the border and was invited to some amazing fiestas. During that time I was introduced to The Day of The Dead, a day to celebrate family members and friends that have passed on. It is a beautiful celebration of life and love. One symbol of that day is the sugar skull.
~ A Day To Remember ~
 I recently picked up a pack of stencils because of its fabulous skull and crossbones. Included was a sugar skull template. The idea for this wall decor was sparked!
 I applied a bit of Modeling Paste to this canvas with stencils. Then I was ready for COLOR! I spritzed on bright ink sprays and added metallic paint around the edge. Finally I decorated the skull with dots of glitter glue.
The Sugar Skull represents a very important day, so I needed a title to reflect that. I started with a strip of Rinea Foiled Paper in Glossy Violet. After decorating with flourish and heart stamps using Rinea Ghost Ink I was ready for words.
The letters are die-cut from Ebony Starstruck Rinea Foiled Paper. I punched the corners with a decorative punch and laced it to the canvas with twine.
Supplies:
Modeling Paste:Liquitex
Spray Ink:Ranger, Heidi Swapp
Alpha Die and Glitter Glue:Ranger
Acrylic Paint:Deco Art
Foiled Paper and Ghost Ink:Rinea
Stamps:Inkadinkado
Twine:Two Berry Creative
Corner Punch:Kreaxions

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment