Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Escape

Practical Scrappers Monthly Sketch for you today and it's another stunner by Liz. Just for the fun of it I decided to combine the sketch with inspiration from this photo. I challenged two of my fellow Practical Scrappers to join me.
 I can't wait for this summer so I can take photos like this with my kids. But till then I used a more winter-appropriate subject...Christmas photos. We seem to have TONZ of photos of the kids unwrapping gifts. I chose 3 poses, cut out my image, then added variations of the same theme to each photo frame. (Which of course I made with my brand new Kreaxions Circle Cutter!)
 ~ help your dreams ~
~ESCAPE~
I did not follow Liz's sketch exactly, but took a more fluid approach. I flipped the sketch, then used the same photo placement and number as well as the repetition of lines.
Just a few close-ups of the netting bag holding the butterflies.
I laced the twine through the netting to bunch it up.
For this frame I used beads of hot glue to hold the netting and twine in place.
Supplies:
Paper:Ruby-Rock-It and LYB
Rub-ons:Kaiser Craft and Daisy D's
Netting:Webster's Pages
Tiny Type:Glitz Design
Alpha:American Crafts
Twine:My Minds Eye
 
~charity~
 


2 comments:

  1. What a neat effect. I like to think I'm creative, but you are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really really cool!!! Great layout !

    ReplyDelete