Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanks Mama

Double feature today on my blog!!!
Paper Girls Challenge is featuring thank-you projects to get us into the Thanksgiving spirit. Stop by the blog and view the DT projects
then join in the challenge and link up!
For my project I decided to make a layout that featured my sister's mothering skills.
I am so proud of the beautiful relationship
 she has with her children.
~ Thanks Mama ~
(I may not remember the curl of each wave or the prints I left in the sand, but I will remember that you were here with me!) 

Practical Scrappers is featuring projects with multiple stamps. I stamped directly onto my paper to mat my photos, then I outlined each photo mat so that it would stand out.
 For the smallest photos I outlined the stamping with a standard black ink pen. The next size of photo I used rub-ons to outline the photo mat. I outlined the largest photo with pearl strips.
To create my stamped photo mats I measured out exactly where I wanted my photo and then used those measurements to cut a mask.
I laid my mask on the paper, flush with edges of my page. When stamping my image I set the stamp half on the mask and half on the paper.
Rather than leaving the image completely in view, the stamping becomes a background that enhances the photo.
 
When you link up at the Paper Girls challenge this is the prize you are playing for
That's right...ROLLS and ROLLS of Washi tape!!!
Get busy linking.
 
Supplies:
Papers, Stickers, and Tiny Type:Echo Park
Stamps:CTMH and Pink Paislee
Ric Rac and Stick Pins:Stash
Rub-Ons:Glitz Design
Gems:CTMH
Alpha:MME
Ink:Stampology
Transparency:Fancy Pants
Pearls:MME and Mark Richards
Shaped Scissors:The Paper Studio
 
~charity~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment