Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jackson

When I learned my sweet friend was eating for two I knew I had to make her something extra special. As the time got closer and Baby Shower invitations went out I asked if I could help with the decor. When May Arts Ribbon and Helmar posted the September Ink It Craft Challenge everything fell into place and I decided on a banner.
~ Jackson ~
I got quite lucky with my photo day. I finished up mid afternoon and was taking photos just as the kids were getting home from school. The following day and rest of the week we had snow and rain.
I had so many ideas tumbling around in my had for this project that it actually took me longer to complete then any of the other MayArts Challenges I have participated in. I just kept going back to the drawing board and put more embellishments out on the table. Good thing I have two crafting tables. The first was overflowing in no time!!!
I finally choose Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails as my theme for the banner.
I got lots of extra banner help from the fabulous Becci Mannies and my other peeps from Crafty Enablers.
But no project is complete without my own touch. To be SURE the mother-to-be was going to find plenty of uses for her banner I made it reversible. When Mum is done hanging this crazy piece of art of the wall she can add photos and either re-hang it or thread it onto binder rings.
Seeing details on each page is impossible with it spread out. I'll be featuring close-ups in the next few days as well as supply lists. For the photo album portion of this banner I used the following.
Supplies:
Paper:DCWV Tradewinds Stack
Pearls:Mark Richards
Felt:Maya Road
Trim:MayArts
Ink:CTMH
 
~charity~
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. wow, this is amazing, what a lot of work you put into it, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete