Monday, August 27, 2012

You are my Sunshine

This layout is for the Monthly Song Lyrics Challenge at Paper Secrets. A childrens' song or song about children were the guidelines. The photo and song were a no brainer for me. My eldest loved to hear me sing "Sunshine" to her by the hour when she was little. We would change the words or jazz up the tune, but we always sang the chorus together.
~ You are my Sunshine ~
(Please click on the photo for a closer view)
I love the way this photo captures here sunshine personality. To enhance that happy feeling I painted a pair of Tim Holtz grunge board wings gold. After dusting them with lime green flocking powder I used my heating tool to help them dry quickly. This added a bit of a curve so they stand out nicely from the page.
Give your sunshine a hug today, and hum a few notes together.
Supplies:
Paper and Tiny Type:Authentique
Trim: Recollections, Petaloo, Stash
Grunge Board and Acrylic Paint:Ranger
Stamp, Ink, and Individual Gems:CTMH
Gem Flourish:Recollections
Hanging Gems:Jolee's
Alpha:Cosmo Cricket
Flocking:Recollections
Sketch:
 
~charity~
 
 

1 comment: