Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bell Flower Tutorial

Scrapbook Steals Mid Week Mojo's really keep me interested. I love all that Kristy Lee does. Every week she wows me with another amazing sketch. This layout was inspired by Turquoise #3.
~ comfy ~
I've been playing around with a new type of paper flower and am feeling MUCH better about this example then I did about the first one. Bell Flowers are SUPER easy to make.
Step 1:Punch out 5 circles. I use a 1.25 inch circle punch from CTMH.
Step 2:Distress the edges.
Step 3:Make a single straight cut from the edge to the center of the circle.
Step 4:Over lap the cut edges so that the punched circle becomes a cone, adhere.
Step 5:Thread a needle with crochet thread, twine, jute, or raffia; String the thread through the center of the cone and pull till the end of the twine is level with the inside rim of the cone. Adhere the twine to the under side of the cone. A small stripe of tape will be easiest. Leave the end of the twine inside the cone loose.
Step 6:Cluster the bell flowers in an alternating pattern, use dimensional adhesive for the ones "in the back".
Supplies: stamps and ink, CTMH; ribbon, Mokuba; gems, Recollections; paper doilies, Dollar General; all other supplies, My Minds Eye.

~charity becker~


No comments:

Post a Comment