Friday, March 30, 2012

Free Spirits

Sketch # 201 at Creative Scrappers intrigues me. It is offered as a primarily dark papered sketch with embossing or gems as highlights. There are also stars on it and since I just bought a star punch from The Paper Studio I am thrilled to be using it.


To begin this Layout I traced and machine stitched a star onto the background, then I highlighted the star with a white gel Marvy pen. I punched 2 stars from Echo Park; This and That and adhered them to the page, embellishing with stitched buttons.

To represent the circles on the top of the page I added clear acrylic drops then outlined them with the white gel pen.


I added more buttons (all are Basic Grey) and twine from my stash to create banners. The stickers are EP; This and That. I doodled around the edges of the trimmed photo to highlight its shape and used dimensional adhesive to help it stand out. The 4x6 photo is matted with EP; This and That.
I used a Basic Grey alpha and traced star shapes here and there on the background. The floss holding the buttons down is stash and the background paper is CTMH as is the ink edging the stars. The edges of the LO are inked with Colorbox, pigment ink.

~charity becker~


1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! This one should have your picture in it!;)

    ReplyDelete