Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rite of Passage

Every culture and family has it's own Rite of Passage. Here at our house the piercing of the ears signals a fabulous new stage in life. It happens when the child in question QUITS sucking her fingers or thumb. For my oldest that was when she was 8. The deal includes immediate access to fingernail polish and if the fingers stay dry for a year the ears will get pierced and several pairs of earrings will be purchased.
Finding the perfect papers to record this event took time, and then we moved mid progress, so that I didn't actually finish this LO till last week! While cleaning/organizing my scrap area and sewing nook I came across this layout and sat right down at the sewing machine to finish it up.
I used CTMH cardstock for the main paper and some unknown metallic green as an accent. The patterned paper is Prima and the cages and striped paper strip are Kaiser Craft. I fussy cut each of the cages and adhered them for a staggered look. I sewed those on the top of the LO so that they appear to be hanging from the top edge of the paper.
The edges of the card stock and patterned paper our inked with CTMH chocolate. The alpha is unknown after all this time. However, to give it definition I drew a line of stitching around each letter.

~charity becker~


No comments:

Post a Comment