Monday, January 30, 2012

Flutter

I cut my crafting teeth on Valentine's cards. These beauties are the ultimate in every thing that is feminine. Layers of color and texture give way to sweet sentiments.
This year, I decided to try something a little more graphic. I didn't give up on the hearts all together, but I did use a LOT of squares!

you make my heart...
flutter
For this card I used Authentique Free Bird 6x6 papers, Blush and Delight. First I cut a variety of 1 inch and 1/2 inch squares. After inking the edges with CTMH, brown bag ink, I started layering. I added a CTMH heart stamp to the center of three of the squares and gold stickles to others. The sentiment stamp is also CTMH. The border punch is EK Success. For a final homemade, graphic touch I zig zag stitched the edge of the border punch with my machine.
I used the January Authentique challenge sketch for this card. Find that post here: http://blog.authentiquepaper.com/2012/01/january-sketch-challenge.html

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment