Thursday, January 12, 2012

another first

Celebrating all the special moments in life is like keeping a catalog of firsts. The photo I used for this layout was taken on the same park bench where my husband proposed. It seemed just the place for our first family photo with baby.
Not much for new techniques used on this LO. I chose colors that brought out the greens in the photo and added the nesting birds as a reference to the photos subject matter. I inked and distressed various edges. I also machine stitched the border/frame. I used a sketch from Scrapbook Steals as my inspiration. The blog post can be found here http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/2011/12/28/glitz-beautiful-dreamer-mid-week-mojo/.

This particular layout is a combination of MME, WP, and Dusty attic. I purchased the fence pieces at Altered Art and Scrap Playground in Rapid City, SD (http://scrapandplay.blogspot.com/). They seemed to fit with the theme of this LO in there unaltered state so I just adhered them as is. The trims and fussy cut images are WP and the background paper is MME, Lost and Found.

~charity becker~


No comments:

Post a Comment