Saturday, December 3, 2011

More Professor Gifts

Today's post features the final installment of greeting cards for my professors. These cards were designed with my Biology professor in mind. She teaches Biology at night, but her day job is in Entomology. Yep, that's right, she studies bugs. She's a no-nonsense person with a simple habit of dress and unassuming lecture delivery. Not much room for lots of glitter and trim. She does however have grand children. So I focused on simple cards she would enjoy giving that the kiddos could relate to. MME Lime Twist instantly came to mind. I again used Kristy Lee's MCM #58 sketch. http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/2011/11/14/american-crafts-hollyday-monday-card-madness-58/

UP:


MME Lush and Lime Twist for these papers. CTMH ink, and a Hampton Art stamp. The trim is bias tape by Coats and Clark. The punch is EK Success. I inked and distressed the papers to give this card a sophisticated air.

LIFE CELEBRATION:


More MME Lime Twist on this card. The star motif is done in such happy colors. The brown, star diecut is CTMH. I used finger crimping on the edges to accent its use as a frame. The stamps and ink are CTMH. The twine is more of the Lime Twist collection.

HAPPY DAY:


All right, enough of that no-glitter rap. It's time for some shiny embellishment. This card I cut from a piece of MME Lost and Found collection. Already glittered and stamped I added the alpha to complete the sentiment and some twine to "tie it all together". I didn't have the letters I needed so I improvised. I used a 'g' from Making Memories Fa La La alphabet, trimmed off the tale, and added it to the 'z' banner. A little CTMH ink on the edges and this card was finished.

And that's one more set of gifts complete. Next up? WP Christmas cards. I'll post when I have them finished. Get ready to dust the glitter off your clothes. I've been holding back long enough!!!

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment